Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Yeni Yol. A commission for the "Time in Turkey" book.

George Georgiou from Türkiye'de Zaman/Time in Turkey on Vimeo.

Last Summer I was commissioned by Zaman newspaper in Turkey to take part in a book project to celebrate their 25th year. They invited 25 photographers to spend a week photographing Turkey.
The whole project can be seen on the Zaman "Time in Turkey" page.

For this work, I chose the idea of following up on “Fault Lines” by making a road trip on the New Roads. The title in Turkish, “Yeni Yol,” has multiple meanings: New Way, New Aim or New Ideology. From my experience of Turkey, I use the New Roads as a metaphor of the change that is taking place and question what that vision is.


Guillermo Duran said...

beautiful photos George.
I'm waiting to see the final book.

InTransit said...

The work is for a book already published in Turkey by Zaman called Time in Turkey. 25 photographers looking at Turkey. My part was very much a follow up to my Fault Lines book, looking at the next stage of development.

trinhtdesign said...

Great stuff - really beautiful. I love the colours and really interesting photos!

alex said...

Εξαιρετικά ενδιαφέρουσα η εργασία σας . Εντυπωσιάστηκα .

touch said...

nicely captured, ironic as well as beutiful.