Tuesday 27 March 2012

Yeni Yol. A commission for the "Time in Turkey" book.


George Georgiou from Türkiye'de Zaman/Time in Turkey on Vimeo.


Last Summer I was commissioned by Zaman newspaper in Turkey to take part in a book project to celebrate their 25th year. They invited 25 photographers to spend a week photographing Turkey.
The whole project can be seen on the Zaman "Time in Turkey" page.

For this work, I chose the idea of following up on “Fault Lines” by making a road trip on the New Roads. The title in Turkish, “Yeni Yol,” has multiple meanings: New Way, New Aim or New Ideology. From my experience of Turkey, I use the New Roads as a metaphor of the change that is taking place and question what that vision is.
















5 comments:

gds506 said...

beautiful photos George.
I'm waiting to see the final book.

InTransit said...

The work is for a book already published in Turkey by Zaman called Time in Turkey. 25 photographers looking at Turkey. My part was very much a follow up to my Fault Lines book, looking at the next stage of development.

trinhtdesign said...

Great stuff - really beautiful. I love the colours and really interesting photos!

alex said...

Εξαιρετικά ενδιαφέρουσα η εργασία σας . Εντυπωσιάστηκα .

touch said...

nicely captured, ironic as well as beutiful.